Three Lebanese Entrepreneurs benefit from programs and services to bridge with key markets in Europe, Africa, the Gulf, and USA.
Selim Yasmine, CEO of 209 Lebanese Wine – one of the Agrytech Program incubated teams, has recently been selected among the three winners of the Booster Track Competition, launched in October 2017 by Berytech and THE NEXT SOCIETY.
The Start-up Booster Track, a flexible support programme for entrepreneurs in the MENA region, aims to support entrepreneurs to bridge with key markets in Europe, Africa, the Gulf, and USA.
Startup-Booster track competition pitches
Seven shortlisted Lebanese entrepreneurs pitched their ideas during the launch event of THE NEXT SOCIETY, to jury members: Corine Kiami Investment Manager at IM Capital, Thanaa Khasawneh MENA Fundraising Director at Mowgli Mentoring, Emmanuel Noutary General Delegate from ANIMA Investment Network, and Ramy Boujawdeh Deputy GM of Berytech.
The entrepreneurs included:
- Selim Yasmine – 209 Lebanese wines, an online full experience platform that allows customers to buy wine from 50 different wineries, most of which are not available in the traditional market.
- Hadi Fathallah – Recyclo which offers a digitized suite of services that helps traders, factories and governments trade scraps and recyclables across borders and navigate price volatility.
- Ramzi Jreidini – Handiss, a web platform that provides companies and individuals in the construction sector with the means to hire freelance engineers and architects around the world.
- Naim Nassereldine – Towbe, a platform designed to assist people with car troubles in 2 clicks connecting the nearest towing vehicles.
- Mohamad Sabouneh – Moodfit, a hassle-free online home furnishing and decoration service from carefully selected professional interior designers.
- Victor Schoucair – Harold, a disruptive classified ads assistant that allows users to optimize the time, price, and platform choice for their online transactions.
- Alexandra Valerik – Legato, a website and application which links musicians to private and public event organizers in 3 simple steps.
Winners and benefits
The winners of the Booster Track competition 2017 are: Mohamad Sabouneh – Moodfit, Hadi Fathallah – Recyclo , and Selim Yasmine – 209 Lebanese wines.
They will benefit from THE NEXT SOCIETY services including trainings in intellectual property and venture workshops, mentoring programs, international acceleration boot-camps, international business development missions, power dinners with investors, and soft landing in European innovation hubs.