Berytech is sourcing the next agri-food innovators to help them grow their idea into a successful business with global impact
Last year, 22 startups joined Batch I of the Agrytech Accelerator with solutions spanning across the entire food value chain. Join Batch II of the program and get the chance to receive up to $40k in grants and 1 year of support.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
From an idea to a growing
business in less than one year
Berytech supports startups with innovations across
the Agri-Food sector through the Agrytech Accelerator – a yearly 3-phase program:
- Up to 24 applicants are shortlisted to join and will receive a $2,000 grant to validate their market over a period of two months
- Up to 12 startups will be shortlisted and move to this 4-month phase, to build a minimum viable product (MVP) and get traction with a $15,000 support grant
- Incubation & Growth
- Up to 8 startups will be shortlisted to join the 6-month incubation program and will benefit from up to $20,000 in matching grants
What the Agrytech
Accelerator Program Offers
The program offers you the resources, knowledge, support, and funding
necessary to scale your idea and grow it into an international business:
- Startup Funding
- Up to $37K cash injection in accelerated startups
- Prototyping Facilities
- Access to an electronics & hardware Fabrication Lab with technical support
- Business Coaching
- Bootcamps, training sessions and master classes developing entrepreneurial competencies
- Customer Access
- Promotion and visibility in local & international markets
- Industry Connections
- Linkages to Agri-Food community
& pool of dedicated experts
- Follow-on Mentoring
- Intensive mentoring trajectories with
follow-on immersion in Europe
Previous Batches In Numbers
startups admitted to the accelerator
of the startups are co-founded by women
grants provided to the Agrytech startups
grants and awards received by the Agrytech startups from external competitions
startups participated in international competitions and events
hours of coaching and training delivered
jobs created by the startups
Startups in Action
Agri-istic solutions – a startup which aims to replace chemical weed control with a one-shot laser technology, won first place at the 2019 Agrytech Hackathon event this weekend.
H.E. Ambassador Jan Waltmans lead a delegation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Finance on a visit to Byblos, where they met with three of the Agrytech Program startups – Quadra Machinery, Smart Gourmet and Startchy.
Five Lebanese entrepreneurs, all part of the Agrytech accelerator program, were selected and invited to attend the Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2019 held from June 3-5 in the Hague, Netherlands.
The Agrytech team and startups joined the Global Food Innovation Summit Seeds&Chips in Milan, focusing on innovation, resources and technologies connected to food.
The Mushtic team, currently enrolled in Berytech’s Agrytech Accelerator program, won the 2019 Hult Prize Lebanon semifinals over the weekend, earning them a spot at the Hult Prize Global Accelerator program in London this summer. The result keeps them in the running for the first prize of $1 million in seed capital.
touch mobile telecommunications and data operator in Lebanon, managed by Zain Group, has announced a partnership with IOTree, Lebanon’s first wireless network of smart traps for harmful pests, at the Agri-Food Innovation Day organized by Berytech in partnership with the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.