There’s an agricultural revolution underway. And our passion is pushing the envelope until innovative and fundable food, agtech, and agriculture innovations have spread around the globe, from farm to fork and beyond.
About The Future Agro Challenge Competition
Within Agrytech‘s scope, Berytech has partnered for the second year with Future Agro Challenge (FAC). This global competition targets food and agribusiness startups from various corners of the globe addressing national, regional and global challenges.
Apply today to become the “Lebanese Agripreneur of the Year”:
The First Place Winner of FAC Lebanon will receive:
- invitation to compete internationally at the Global Agripreneurs Summit that is taking place at the Global Entrepreneurship Congress happening in May 2019.
- $2000 in Cash
- 6 Months access to Berytech’s Incubation Support
- 6 Memberships at the Berytech Fab Lab
- Earning the title of the “Lebanese Agripreneur of the Year“
The Second Place Winner of FAC Lebanon will receive:
- $1000 in Cash
- 3 Months access to Berytech’s Incubation Support
- 3 Memberships at the Berytech Fab Lab
Global Agripreneurs Summit
FAC culminates every year with its Global Agripreneurs Summit, where the most promising ideas and ventures on an international level are selected to compete for the title of the ”Agripreneur of the Year”.
Success Story: Startchy
Read about Startchy and how they won Lebanon Agripreneur of the Year 2017-2018 and participated in the summit last year. Click here.
Conditions To Apply
The competition is open for ideas in:
- Food tech
- Ag tech
- Agroforestry and husbandry
- Food or Beverage product or retail
- Nutrition & health
- Safety and health
- Packaging and logistics
- Agriculture education
- Food security and sustainability
- Agriculture tourism
- Food Waste
- Agriculture production and processing
Qualifications of the Business/Startup
- Must be younger than 5 years old
- Must have an innovative or scalable business idea or model in the food, agtech and agriculture sector
- Must have a Minimum Viable Product
- Founders must be proficient in the English language and have no hesitancy to talk about your venture in public
Application And Deadline
- The deadline for submitting your application is December 16, 2018, by midnight. The finalists will have the chance to pitch in front of a local public during an open event.
- Should you need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Future Agro Challenge Lebanon is jointly funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands and Berytech within the Agrytech Program.